Before the year comes to a close, I will not only be a year older, I’ll be in a new decade of life. My thirties are fast approaching!
During my twenties, I traveled, became a wife and a mom of two and started my own business. Thirty seems like a daunting number. To make the big birthday more enjoyable, I want to tackle this “30 Before 30” list of doable activities, all without straying too far from Oklahoma City.
My 30 Before 30 List:
- Attend a Thunder game as a fan. For the past nine NBA seasons, I’ve worked part-time as the Stage Manager for the broadcasts at the Thunder games. But I would love to watch a game as a fan and experience it all from that perspective.
- Hike the Wichita mountains.
- Visit the Arbuckle Wilderness with the kids.
- Go see a movie in the Warren Theater’s director suite. Yes, I’ve done this before, but not since becoming a mom. The movies were a big part of my twenties, so it is fitting this little treat makes the list.
- Have a spa day. Might have to schedule this for my actual birthday. Hint, hint if my hubby is reading this.
- Do a 5k with my double stroller. Finding my double stroller is a huge story in and of itself. Pushing it through a 5k will be the ultimate test to see if I picked the right one.
- Get back to my pre-baby weight. Because health and fitness deserve a place in my busy life.
- Do 30 real, full push-ups.
- See a musical or play at a local theater or nearby college.
- Go dancing with my husband. Haven’t done this since we were dating!
- Form a Trust. The most responsible challenge on this list.
- Do a traveling dinner with my girlfriends. Do this by having appetizers at one restaurant, the main course at another, and dessert at your final destination.
- Visit Science Museum Oklahoma with my boys. Have not visited the museum in over ten years! As I’ve read and heard, it’s changed a lot and definitely worth visiting often.
- Successfully reach the next level in my business. It can’t all be fun and games. I’ll need to fund these adventures somehow.
- Memorize Romans 12. This passage in the Bible teaches about how to live, love and relate to all types of people.
- Clean out/streamline my closet and sell/donate/get rid of everything I no longer wear. Start the new decade off with a fresh closet, perhaps with some help from OKC’s new Container Store.
- Go on a weekend getaway somewhere in Oklahoma. So many options! I’ll definitely be using the OKC Moms Blog website as my source for ideas here.
- Learn to French Braid my own hair. Been trying since junior high.
- Date night with the hubby to a new restaurant downtown. We are so out of the loop on where the newest, coolest places are. Comment below with your suggestions on where we should go.
- Create a Vision Board.
- Walk along the Oklahoma River and visit Wheeler Park. Time to get out and enjoy the beautiful city I live in!
- Do a behind the scenes tour at the Oklahoma City Zoo. They have several different animal encounters to tour behind the scenes, including the Grizzly Bears, Sea Lions and the Elephants.
- Visit an orchard or farm.
- Give a talk or teach a class. This was my brother’s idea. Outside of my comfort zone, which is the perfect reason it should be on this list.
- Go skydiving. Well, sort of. There is no way I will go actual skydiving, but I would love to experience what iFly has to offer.
- Do an ancestry/DNA test.
- Go to a murder mystery dinner theater.
- Learn to change my own oil and do basic car maintenance. My high school friends will attest to the fact that this is long overdue.
- Write a letter to myself to open when I turn 40. Hopefully, I don’t lose it!
- Have my portrait taken. Turning 30 means it is time for a new profile picture.
What would you add to this list? Anyone turning 30 soon and want to take on this 30 Before 30 challenge with me?