At Oklahoma City Moms Blog, our main goal is to connect local moms (YOU) to one another! We’ve heard from so many moms who are new to town, new to mommyhood, and/or just in need of some mommy friends. We know that being a mom is the most rewarding job we can do, but it’s also the hardest. We all need some support now and then from others who know just what we are going through! With that in mind, Oklahoma City Moms Blog offers monthly meet-ups and play dates, as well as larger events to help connect local moms to one another and our community. But we’ve heard your cry for MORE!!
So, we would like to start coordinating some smaller, more neighborhood-specific playgroups in addition to our regular meet-ups. Being part of one of these groups will allow you to meet and get together with other moms that live nearby! We are starting six regional playgroups:
- The OKCMB Metro Playgroup
- The OKCMB South OKC/Moore Playgroup
- The OKCMB Edmond Playgroup
- The OKCMB Mid/Del City Playgroup
- The OKCMB Yukon/Mustang Playgroup
- The OKCMB Norman Playgroup
- The OKCMB Jones/Choctaw Playgroup
- The OKCMB Piedmont Playgroup
Our goal is to make these groups work for you, so we are open to suggestions on times and places to start meeting. We are also looking for individuals familiar with their region who are interesting in helping coordinate playdates for each group.
If you are one of our followers who live in other areas you are welcome to join the group nearest you. You may also volunteer to start a playgroup in your town as well!
To join a group and get more information, send an email to info (at) okcmomsblog (dot) com with the following information:
1. Which group you are interested in joining.
2. Number and ages of your kids.
3. Whether you are available for weekday playdates, weekend playdates, or both.
4. Whether you would be willing to help coordinate playdates.
We hope this will be an opportunity for you and your kids to make some new friends and connections in our community! In order to stay up-to-date on ALL the connection opportunities Oklahoma City Moms Blog offers, make sure to subscribe to receive our blog posts by email, “like” our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter (@okcmomsblog), Instagram (@okcmomsblog), and Pinterest (okcmb)! We look forward to hearing from you!!