So what’s for dinner mom? I’m sure everyone gets that question almost every day, right? As a busy mom of two boys I’m always struggling to figure out what to make for dinner. I like meals that are fast and easy, but nutritious and made at home. I like to know the ingredients that go into our meals and I love the fact that every meal I cook is made with love.
I love recipes that are simple and easy to make which is why this recipe is one of my favorites. All you need is five ingredients and a couple of pans and you are done!
Super Simple Veggie Penne Pasta
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cups of white mushrooms chopped
- 2 zucchinis chopped
- 1 16oz bag of wholewheat organic penne pasta
- 25 to 30 oz of pasta sauce
- Salt and pepper
Note: This is a very versatile recipe, feel free to switch any of the ingredients for your favorite ones or if you have dietary restrictions.
1. Bring water to boil and cook pasta as directed on the package
2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil
3. Add chopped zucchini and mushrooms to skillet and sprinkle them with salt and pepper, cook for about 5 minutes or until tender
4. Add cooked pasta and pasta sauce to skillet, mix everything together and cook for another 5 minutes
5. Top it with your favorite cheese if desired, I use “vegan cheese” on ours to keep it plant-based
My whole family loves this dish and it is a great way to make kids eat some veggies without even knowing. You can add a simple spinach salad on the side if desired to boost your veggie intake.
My toddler loves this meal and I’m sure your kids will too!