Spring Break has always been a week I look forward to. We don’t always have to go out of town for it to be enjoyable. Each year we try to experience something different during our week of vacation. There are many kids’ activities offered right here in Oklahoma City when deciding to stay local. I recently learned that one of our favorite Fall excursions is now open during Spring Break – Orr Family Farm. My family has always enjoyed going to Orr Family Farm. There is so much to do there for all ages. As soon as we enter the gates, my girls are filled with excitement. It’s hard to decide what to do first. We start with the carousel that is fun for the whole family. Then it’s on to the pony rides, the petting zoo, and the all time favorite pedal cars. There is so much more there to enjoy, but those are our personal favorites.
My kids will certainly enjoy some other local activities this year from the extensive list provided by Metro Family Magazine. I narrowed it down to my Top 5 list of local attractions for our family during Spring Break:
1. Orr Family Farm Open for Spring Break features the zip line, the animal barn, train and pony rides, giant jumping pillows, playground and more.
2. Spring Break Escape at the Sam Noble Museum features crafts, auditorium shows, storytelling, scavenger hunts and more.
3. Spring Break Activities at the Museum of Osteology features a variety of live animals, plus additional Museum specimens available to see and touch.
4. Spring Break Blast at Andy Alligator’s Fun Park features added attractions including Disney Cars Slide & Moon Bounce.
5. FREE Spring Break Make & Take Historical Crafts at the Edmond Historical Society & Museum features a different come-and-go crafts.
Our family is sure to have a fun filled week with all the fun activities planned without the expense and hassle of traveling.
If you are looking for other activities during Spring Break, Metro Family provides a Spring Break Guide at http://www.metrofamilymagazine.com/Web-2014/2014-Spring-Break-Camps-Guide/.
Metro Family has also put together an Activity list for your family to enjoy: http://www.metrofamilymagazine.com/spring-break-activities