Over the last days and weeks, we have been inundated with the news about COVID-19 (Coronavirus). After the events of the Thunder-Jazz game on March 11th, the reaction in the Oklahoma City area intensified.
As parents, it is important for us to arm ourselves with the very best information possible so we may protect ourselves, our loved ones, and our community. As news is changing rapidly, we at OKCMB want to be a resource for our community to help communicate accurate and up to date information during this time of uncertainty.
If you know of anything we should add to this list, please e-mail [email protected].
SCHOOL DISTRICT NEWS & CHANGES
As of March 25th, all Oklahoma public schools will be closed through the end of the school year.
Each school district will reach out to families regarding internet availability and device availability to make distance learning a possibility for all students.
CLOSURES, CHANGES & CANCELLATIONS
Below is a list of Oklahoma City Events & Activities that have been canceled, postponed, or rescheduled. We’ll continue to update this list as news comes in.
BUSINESS CLOSURES & CHANGES
Please remember the small businesses on this list who will need community support more than ever once they are able to re-open!
March 25, 2020-Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt orders closure of all non-essential businesses until April 14th, in counties affected by confirmed cases of COVID-19. This is largely all counties in the metro area! Non-essential businesses include bars, gyms, salons, etc. Restaurants continue to be able to serve take-out or delivery only. Grocery stores, gas stations, pharmacies, and similar businesses will remain open.
March 18, 2020-OKC Mayor David Holt declares state of emergency and orders closures of the following through April 12: all OKC bars, gyms, and theaters. OKC restaurants may serve take-out or delivery only.
March 18, 2020-Edmond Mayor declares state of emergency and orders closures of the following through April 6: all Edmond bars, food courts, gyms, sports facilities, bowling alleys, skating rinks, movie theaters, and similar recreational facilities. Edmond restaurants are able to serve take-out or delivery only. All event permits have been revoked.
March 18, 2020-Norman Mayor orders closures of the following through April 3: all bars, taverns, private clubs, gyms, theaters, and commercial amusement facilities. Norman restaurants are able to serve take-out or delivery only.
- OKC Zoo – tentative re-open date of March 23rd
- Oklahoma Science Museum – tentatively closed through March
- Oklahoma City Museum of Art – closed through the end of March
- Metropolitan Library System – closed for at least 2 weeks from March 15th (roughly April 5th or 6th)
- Oklahoma National Memorial and Museum
- Civic Center Music Hall & Hudiberg Chevrolet Center – closed through end of March or until further notice
- Frontier City – closed through the end of March
- Riversport closed through April 18.
- Sam Noble Museum – closed through April 5th
- Pioneer Library System – closed through the end of March
- National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum – closed through March 31
- Okie Kids Playground
- Bubba’s Playzone
- Breakaway Indoor Playground
- Kidz Funtown
- Goldfish Swim School – tentatively closed through March 31
- Pure Barre Edmond
- Edmond All Sports Baseball & Softball – season delayed until April 6
- Seminole Children’s Museum closed until March 31
- Leonardo Children’s Museum closed until further notice.
- Remington Park closed through April 12
- Penn Square Mall closed through March 29.
- Northpark Mall closed until further notice.
- Quail Springs Mall has adjusted hours of 12 pm to 7 pm.
- OKC Outlet Mall has adjusted hours of 11 am to 6 pm.
EVENT CANCELLATIONS & POSTPONEMENTS
- Norman’s Medieval Fair scheduled for April 3, 4 & 5th has been canceled.
- Harlem Globetrotters Game at Chesapeake Arena is postponed, makeup date TBA.
- Baby Shark Live! At Chesapeake Arena is postponed, makeup date TBA.
- The Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon has been rescheduled for October 4th.
- Taste of Midwest City has been rescheduled for June 1.
- The Redbud Classic Race is canceled.
- Festival of the Arts 2020 in downtown OKC has been canceled.
- Little Ark – all classes canceled until further notice
- OK Contemporary Arts Center has postponed all events tied to Opening Week until further notice.
HELPFUL COVID-19 RESOURCES
SURVIVING “SOCIAL DISTANCING”
Keep checking this list, we will be updating with more tips & tricks soon!
- Norman Public Schools offering free daily grab-and-go meals beginning March 25 at every NPS site. Includes lunch, as well as breakfast for the following day, for any child under 18 years old. https://www.normanpublicschools.org/health
- Edmond Public Schools offering free daily grab-and-go lunches at 6 Edmond sites. Meals include lunch, as well as breakfast for the following day, for any child under 18 years old. Child must be present to pick up lunch. https://www.facebook.com/332403880968309/photos/a.341332606742103/557160261826002/?type=3&theater
- Chipotle is offering free delivery through the end of March
As moms, we know how important our “tribes” are. Now is the time to be that tribe. Care for your friends and neighbors who may fall ill or have to be quarantined. Love each other well. And wash, wash, wash those hands!