Ready or not, the holiday season is HERE! We love Oklahoma City and the MANY holiday events our great city has to offer! To help you with your planning this year, we’ve narrowed those events down to our top 10 favorites! But before we can get to those, we must kick of with…
Black Friday Shopping!
One of our top places to shop is the OKC Outlets, with their grand re-launch just this month!
To kick off their Black Friday festivities, everyone is invited out to their “VIP Preview Party” from 5:00-6:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. Some stores will be having deals on top of deals for one hour! From 6:00 p.m. on, you’ll be able to snag other incredible sales.
For Black Friday, all of the stores will be open – like The Disney Outlet, Banana Republic and Bath & Body Works. The OKC Outlets will also be having radio remotes throughout the evening and night where the stations will be giving away different prizes. The Food Court area will be partially turned into a lounge, with comfy furniture and inviting atmosphere.
So come on out to party with the OKC Outlets with food, beverages and entertainment while you shop!
The holidays easily be a stressful time with trying to schedule all.the.things! To make it easier, we polled our team of writers for their favorite recommendations this holiday season! Holidays, simplified. Enjoy!
- Downtown in December – If you are looking for any type of holiday event, you’ll definitely find it on Downtown in December’s list! They highlight lights, activities, museum specials, ice skating, tubing, water taxi rides, and Saturday’s with Santa. Most are happening throughout the entire month, so check this list to make sure you support your favorites!
- Guthrie’s Territorial Christmas – Enjoy A Territorial Christmas Carol at the Pollard Theatre and then enjoy shopping, a cup of wassail and the hospitality of Downtown Guthrie.
- Christmas Train – The Oklahoma Railway Museum presents a Christmas Train every year! Grab your tickets, meet Santa and Mrs. Claus, and enjoy storytime, railway style! After your ride, there are cookies and hot chocolate to warm your bellies.
- Storyland Christmas – 37 larger-than-life professionally painted murals that depict 8 traditional Christmas stories are set up at the Charles J. Johnson Central Park in Midwest City! This year also boasts a Santa House, Santa pictures, a Kid’s Craft Tent and more! The murals are also lighted for viewing at night.
- Boys Town Ranch Drive-Thru Nativity – *only open December 1-3, 2017* Load up in the car and head over to the Boys Town Ranch. A free, drive through nativity scene with the majority of the actors being residents of BTR! You can download the soundtrack ahead of time.
- OKC Ballet’s Nutcracker, Hip Hop Nutcracker, or Lyric Theatre’s A Christmas Carol – each show is unique in their own way to get your family in the holiday spirit.
- Chickasha Festival of Lights – Opening for their 25th season on November 18, 2017, they will have food trucks, carriage rides through the park, laser tag, camel rides, and a live nativity scene.
- Markwell Lights – Your kids will “ohhh” and “ahhh” through a whole neighborhood full of lights tuned to the radio. Bring a canned good for an opportunity to donate to the food bank!
- Northpark Mall Pictures with Santa – avoid the long lines and get some quality time with the big guy in red! One of our favorite Santa’s.
- Holiday Pop-Up Shops – check out a new line up of local shops every week, starting November 24 – December 23, to check off your holiday shopping list. Only open Thursday – Sunday, it’s a great place to support local!