The GREAT State Fair of Oklahoma opens up on September 17th and will be here before we know it! We were talking about the fair as a team and we each have different things that we LOVE about this great event in our state. So we thought we’d put our heads together and give you the OKC Mom’s Blog Guide to Fun at the Fair!
10 things you don’t want to miss at the 2015 Oklahoma State Fair:
1. Disney on Ice – Disney released a little movie called “Frozen” a few years ago, maybe you’ve heard of it? Maybe you own 75 Elsa dresses and “Let it Go” has become the theme song to your life? Disney is giving our Frozen-loving selves the gift of Frozen on Ice this year! Get your tickets here.
2. Hit up the Family Fun Zone! Enjoy fun & games for the whole family in this special section packed with family fun! Test out the zip line, watch the pig races, and win prizes playing fun games!
3. Don’t forget your Coupon Book! Save on food, drink, and rides with the coupon book! (There’s a coupon for a FREE deep-fried jalapeno on a stick – does it get much better than that?)
4. Discount Days! If you haven’t decided when you want to go, you might go on one of these days:
- Thursday, September 17th – Opening Day – $2.00 admission
- Monday, September 21st – School Kids Day – FREE admission for kids thru 12th grade
- Tuesday, September 22nd – Super Saver Tuesday/Armed Forces Day – $3.00 admission and FREE admission for military members & spouses.
- Wednesday, September 23rd – Senior Citizen Day – FREE admission for seniors 55+.
5. Food. Ya’ll. Does this even need to be stated? Fair food is the best food. Food on a stick. Fried food. Food wrapped in bacon. Fried food on a stick wrapped in bacon…I think you understand where we’re going here. Just do yourself a favor and don’t wear skinny jeans to the fair. You’ll thank us later.
6. Baby Animals! We love exploring the barns and checking out the livestock at the fair – but we especially love the baby animals! How can you not?
7. Carnival Games. There’s a certain thrill that comes from handing over $20 in a feeble attempt to win an oversized stuffed animal that you really don’t want anyway. But darnit. THIS year will be the year that you land a ring on a bottle! We believe in you.
8. Ride some rides! Check out how to save on carnival rides here and get ready to have some fun! Just, you know, don’t worry too much about that potentially loose screw.
9. Concerts. There are so many great musicians coming our way this year! Check out the lineup:
- 9/17 – Chris Janson
- 9/18 – Blood, Sweat & Tears Featuring Bo Rice
- 9/19 – The Swon Brothers
- 9/20 – La Energia Nortena
- 9/21 – Matt Maher
- 9/22-23 – Elvis Extravaganza (Yes, yes this is an Elvis impersonation contest)
- 9/24 – Sister Hazel
- 9/25 – Rose Royce
- 9/25 – Casey Donahew Band
- 9/26 – Lou Gram
- 9/26 – Gary Allan
- 9/27 – Philip Bauer
10. Catch a show! There are too many to choose from to even begin to highlight them all here. But a favorite of ours is the Zoppe Italian Family Circus.